Technical ArchitectSector :
IT Location :
65-66,000Please note : due to security provisions, we can only consider candidates who have had UK residency for the last 3 years. If you have not been a UK resident for the last 3 years (and can prove it) you will not be considered.About this vacancy :
About you :
- The main purpose of the role is to define and govern how technical solutions are designed, configured, and implemented as the ICT technical design authority and a key stakeholder in an effective enterprise design practice.
- Manage and maintain the ICT technical architecture blueprint
- Develop technical models and plans that identify opportunities for leveraging technology capability in support of strategic business change initiatives and subsequent projects/ programmes.
- To be educated to degree level (Level 6) or equivalent, or have substantial relevant knowledge gained from direct experience in complex ICT environments.
- ITIL Certification (Service Management), or equivalent framework experience.
- Project management methodology (e.g. PRINCE2).
- Formal specialist technical training in some of the following ICT systems; desktop, server, database, networks, telephony (or similar).
- Substantial knowledge of ICT enterprise architecture principles gained through significant experience of solutions delivery in similar size organisations.
- Knowledge and experience in applying architectural tools and methods using industry best practice.
- Demonstrate significant experience of designing and architecting technical solutions within in a large complex multi-faceted organisation.
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically whilst having a strong focus on ICT technologies and operational service delivery.
- Demonstrate experience of translating user requirements into ICT solution designs.
- Able to take ownership of the solution design from inception to delivery to the end customer.
- Experience in leading and supporting other architects to deliver a cohesive end-to-end architecture.
- Ability to take the lead during meetings and help to drive governance and programme level boards with associated stakeholder management.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to gather and assimilate information.
- Demonstrate a high level of communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate/mitigate risks and find suitable solutions to issues.
- Demonstrate ability to manage teams of key stakeholders and suppliers with the flexibility to adjust approach and style accordingly.
- Excellent people skills built on a combination of great listening, empathy, insight and intellect.
- Ability to positively influence others and lead change within organisations.
- To be the professional lead for the development and documentation of the ICT Technical Strategy and associated roadmaps.
- To undertake the role of technical design authority for all ICT change.
- To ensure that the ICT architecture meets all the relevant industry/national standards and demonstrates consistency of design across all ICT related programmes and projects.
- To take responsibility for understanding strategic business requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and recommending technical options. Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups to ensure the contribution of all relevant stakeholders is maximised.
- To deliver an environment of continuous improvement and innovation in respect of the ICT architecture and ensure that emerging technology and new initiatives are fully evaluated and relevant proposals are proactively driven through the ICT Management Team and the enterprise design practice. Identifying all potential technical risks and mitigation options to ensure the successful delivery of ICT solutions.
- To maintain a documented map of the current hardware, operating systems, licensing models, programming and networking solutions that are used and address where technologies are being duplicated or where they are being underutilised.
- To be a core member of ICT's Intelligent Client Function (ICF), acting as a key influencer and decision maker in respect of ICT governance, strategy, planning, assurance and standard-setting, both internally with key stakeholders and externally in driving maximum value from strategic supplier relationships.
- As part of the ICT management team, to exercise excellent people skills (e.g. effective listening, empathy, insight and intellect) and to contribute to the mentoring, coaching and development of ICT team members. To take individual responsibility for fully understanding, and acting upon, situations that require the pursuit of purpose over process.
For more information on this vacancy please contact us