Legal Counsel (in-house)Alternative titles :
Solicitor, In-House Solicitor, Company Solicitor, BarristerSector :
Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology and Technical Specialisms
: Commercial, contract, companyLocation :
South YorkshirePQE Requirements :
3 years plus ideallySalary :
Negotiable according to experience
In-house experience is very much preferred and preference will be given to candidates with this background, Candidates should hold a valid practising certificate
The role will be extremely varied and challenging as the company goes through a period of planned growth and enters new markets both from a technical and geographical perspective. The types of legal matters will vary greatly, but day-to-day you can expect to cover general corporate, commercial/contract, competition, and litigious matters
You will need to be self motivated with excellent time management skills and someone who just wants to work to a clock.
You will be deling with technical specialists and will need the ability to communicate complex legal matters in a clear and concise way to them.
You will be aware of your own limits of knowledge and will be comfortable in utilising third party assistance when required What will you bring to the table ?
- Experience of negotiating contracts within engineering and/or construction. Experience of international contracts is beneficial
- Experience of corporate law and project finance matters.
- Experience of negotiating joint ventures or collaborations
- Any experience of grants and funding is very beneficial
- Experience of or having had an exposure to intellectual property
- Dispute resolution
- Corporate governance
- Any experience of corporate property would be useful
Confident and commercially minded
High levels of autonomy
Flexible and pragmatic but protective of legal risk
Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
Excellent communication skills and the ability to advise the business confidently and succinctly and develop good working relationships
Full UK / EU driving licence
Able to travel nationally and internationally when required