Health, Safety & Environment Officer
- Job Title : Health, Safety & Environment Officer
- Location : Chester-Le-Street, County Durham
- Salary : £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
Nicholas Associates Group (Engineering & Technical Division) is recruiting on behalf of a long-standing client for a HSE Officer to be based in our clients' manufacturing facility in County Durham.
The company is enjoying a sustained period of growth and investment.
A strong reputation within the industry and an employer of choice, offering excellent career progression opportunities through talent programmes and work experience in different cultures
The HSE Officer will be responsible for supporting the maintenance of the HSE management systems, and associated activities, in line with corporate, internal, legal and international industry standards the manufacturing plant, employing circa. 100 personnel.
- Adhere to, and promote, all required health, safety and welfare policies that are established by the company.
- Support in maintaining the companies ISO 9001, ISO 14001 (environmental) and OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001 (health and safety), approved management systems.
- Conduct internal audits and inspections of manufacturing processes and business departments and resolution tracking.
- Develop and maintain procedures for EHS management, and supporting the planning and implementation process
- Involvement in continual improvement initiatives on manufacturing and business processes, in EHS management with the ultimate aim of improved EHS performance.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Applicants must possess a NEBOSH or IOSH qualification.
- Experience within a manufacturing / engineering / distribution environment is essential.
- Must strong working knowledge of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001
SALARY & BENEFITS
- £25,000 - £30,000 p/a depending on experience
- A competitive benefits package including a generous pension contribution.
If you are interested in the HSE Officer role, please apply as soon as possible as interviews are due to take place within the coming weeks. If you have any questions at all please contact Danny Faulkner of Nicholas Associates
For more information on this vacancy please contact us on 0114 3840113.