Role : Design Engineer
Salary : 35,000 - 45,000
Location : Sheffield
Nicholas Associates is working with a long standing client based in Sheffield who specialise within the project engineering and manufacturing industry. Due to continued growth they now have an opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
The Design Engineer will report to the Design Manager. You will be responsible for production of all the designs and drawings for each project and will ensure that all the design aspects of a project are fit for purpose.
You will be responsible for overseeing all design aspects of an engineering project from start to completion. You will have responsibility for ensuring deadlines are met, quality maintained and design files kept up to date.
You will be involved with the project from quotation to finished design stage.
Key Responsibilities of an Design Engineer will be
- Responsible for Proposed Designed 3D Models ( Estimation Stage )
- Finished Designed 3D Models ( Contract Stage )
- Detailed Manufacturing Drawings
- You will be involved in the preparation of estimates of materials, equipment, labour, machining, and logistics required for engineering projects.
- Additional responsibilities include determining the scope and size of the projects their resource requirements and associated risks and costs and budget management.
- Work with the appropriate project management / costing software to include Microsoft Office products including Outlook and Excel.
- Be competent in using Solidworks or Inventor design packages
- Develop product training
- Lead conversations and develop all involved in creation of a cost profit conscious culture.
- Provide monthly presentation slides to ad to the management report to demonstrate the successes and failing of the previous month.
Key Competencies required of a Design Engineer will include
- Strong at starting new projects and assisting the team when they are failing to achieve business objectives
- Strong working knowledge of a high level 3D CAD package, ideally Inventor or Solidworks
- Accepts change positively and adapts their own behaviour and approach to changing circumstances
- Possess a sense of what is achievable, reasonable, and valuable
- Maintains effective communication at all levels, ensuring everyone is aligned to the company's objectives.
Engineering / Manufacturing / Precision Engineering / Automotive / Renewables
Please call Deborah Ashmore at Nicholas Associate Sheffied for further details or simply to click apply.
For more information on this vacancy please contact us
on 0114 384 0100.